Thursday, April 8, 2010

Appetizer Ideas


I ate lunch yesterday at the Rock Center Cafe in New York next to the ice skating rink. Funny about that - the weather was so warm that they closed the rink. I sat next to the window and watched the ice melt into little puddles. Just 2 days previous, I was at The Sea Grill on the other side of the rink and enjoyed watching all the ice skaters, whether experienced or those holding on to the rail for dear life!

A sandwich that was on the menu was a turkey and brie with cipollini onions. It looked delicious.

So this morning, foodie that I am, I thought that would make a great appetizer.

Spread a good softened brie cheese on a cracker and place a piece of turkey breast, even smoked turkey would be good, and slice a little marinated cipollini onions or pickled onions on top.

As soon as I thought of this appetizer, another variation popped in my head:

Top a cracker with a sharp cheddar cheese or swiss, place under broiler for a couple minutes until softened. Spread with a horseradish sauce and place thin sliced roast beef on top. Top each cracker with a half a cherry tomato.

When I get back from London next week, I will try these cracker ideas and post some photos.

Happy Spring from New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment