Saturday, March 20, 2010

Smoked Salmon Hash


This is a delicious brunch idea. I made it for my girls, Celeste and Quida for breakfast on Monday. I was late to work because I was poaching eggs and then had to photograph this, but the results were totally worth it. I'm writing this from Ojai Valley Inn! I swam this morning and will play golf this afternoon. This is a beautiful place. Very peaceful.

Use the same recipe as below for the fajita hash, but add chunks of smoked salmon if you can get a whole piece and not lox, but lox is okay to substitute if necessary. Don't use fajita seasoning as the smoked salmon is salty and flavorful enough.

I served this with poached eggs and a homemade pico de gallo made with heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onions, jalepeno, cilantro, lime juice and salt. The juice from the salsa can be used as a vinegrette or a marinade. I like to find many uses for my dishes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment