Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Bread Board


Sleep in late on Sunday. Make some tea, check your blogs. And make a bread board to snack on for the late morning.

I like to use a couple of cheeses. This one has a creamy Napa Valley blue cheese and an aged Canadian cheddar. I had a small seeded baguette from a couple of days ago that got hard, so I wrapped in in foil (in its paper bag) and put it in the oven at 220 degrees for about 10 minutes to soften it. Added some dates (very high in potassium) and the bread board is done.

Try cutting a pitted date in half and stuffing it with blue cheese. Drizzle a good honey on top. This is fantastic. I used a truffle honey, but I would also suggest any honey, even a lavender scented one.

Happy Sunday! And Happy New Year! Good to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment