Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pico de Gallo


This is a very simple salsa to make. By making it fresh instead of buying it you will add so much more flavor to your dishes. It does yield a lot of juice if it sits, so you can drain the juice and add it to a marinade, which is exactly what I plan to do today! I'm making my salsa early and will make a marinade for some beef that I will cook tonight. This afternoon, I'll drain the excess juices of the salsa into the marinade for more flavor.


Ingredients:

1/2 white onion, finely chopped

2 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped

1 jalepeno without the seeds and ribs, finely minced

1 bunch of cilantro leaves, finely minced

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

salt to taste


Combine all the ingredients and let sit at least half an hour to test the seasoning. Salsas always need more salt than you think, but I let the flavors marinate before tasting for salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment